Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kiss The Rings

After T.O. spend the better part of this week attacking Rodney Harrison for his past steroid use after Harrison called T.O. a clown after his game on Sunday, I kind of expected this kind of response.
"When it comes down to it, I'm a champion. He'll never have that on his resume. He'll never be a champion. He'll look at his stats and say I was a great football player, but I was never a champion."

"You always have to stand up and be accountable for your actions. As a football player you have to be accountable. Regardless of whether you had 10 catches or zero catches."

"I'm not jealous. I'm very happy. I don't need the attention. I don't need anyone catering to my ego."

"I'm just a guy with my opinion. If you don't want to hear it, go out and play better."


Now no matter what T.O. says after this, trust me Rodney Harrison has just ethered him. As an athlete there is nothing that tears at you more than not winning it all in your career. And especially in TO's case when he was on at least two teams that had the talent to win it all but he still couldn't get it done.

On a side note, I see folks saying stuff like Rodney Harrison is wrong because he is supposed to be impartial. Let me take the opportunity to call bullshit on all that. ABC/ESPN did not hire Rodney Harrison to be impartial, they hired Rodney Harrison to be Rodney Harrison. Not only was Harrison a Pro Bowl player during his career and a champion multiple times, he also was very outspoken and didn't hold his tongue. They could get any journalist around the country if they just wanted somebody to come in with some dry commentary. What they want from Rodney Harrison is exactly what he is giving them, his biased opinion based on his years of playing ball, and if you don't like it I am sure there are a lot of other broadcasts you can watch.

It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment