Friday, September 18, 2009

Hot Off The Presses

After going 12-4 in week one, it is now time to release my picks for week two in the NFL.

Sunday

Panthers at Falcons: Falcons. After a very bad week last week for Panther QB Jake Delhomme it doesn't get much better Sunday against the Falcons. John Abraham will be harrassing him all game as will the rest of his defensive line mates. The Panthers defense will also be on their hills trying to contain Falcons running back Michael Turner. I can see the Panthers performing better on offense this week, but not well enough to pull one out against the Falcons in their house.

Vikings at Detroit: Vikings. Duh

Bengals at Packers: Packers. This one will be closer than folks think but the Bengals just don't have enough to keep up at this point.

Texans at Titans: Titans. After rewatching the Titans/Steelers game I am convinced that the Titans are for real this year. And the Texans are going to end up being the one to pay for the Titans loss last week.

Raiders at Chiefs: Raiders. I think the Raiders may come out really confident after almost knocking the Chargers off on Monday night. Combine that with the fact that I now detest Todd Haley because of how he tried to come in and "lay down the law" and thats how I picked the Raiders in a game that could truly go either way.

Patriots at Jets: Patriots. Look for Brady to go up top to Moss at least twice and for this one to get ugly early and often. The Patriots D will still be shaky but the Jets simply won't be able to out score the Pats.

Saints at Eagles: Eagles. Check here for analysis.

Rams at Redskins: Deadskins. Self explanatory.

Cardinals at Jaguars: Cardinals. I think the Jaguars are a good team but I think Jack Del Rio is going through some kind of mid life meltdown right now. Combine that with the fact that I think Warner will get off the bus chunking the ball down the field and I think the Cardinals steal one in Jacksonville.

Seahawks at 49ers: 49ers. Its a new day in the bay and the 49ers' defense ain't playing no games. It will be close but I expect 49ers to pull it out in the end.

Bucs at Bills: Bucs. Check here for analysis.

Steelers at Bears: Bears. Check here for analysis.

Browns at Broncos: Broncos. Browns have to go cross country to that thin air. Plus they lost the coin flip lol. This game could also go either way.

Ravens at Chargers: Chargers. I love the Ravens' defense and I love their running game. But I think the combination of a east coast to west coast road trip and the big Chargers receivers as well as Shawne Merriman coming after Joe Flacco all add up to equal a win for the home team.

Giants at Cowboys: Cowboys. No this isn't a homer pick. I think the Cowboys have the advanatage of being at home. I think they also have more weapons on offense than the Giants can match up with. I also think the Giants will have their hands full blocking Jay Ratliff this week and for once the Giants will face a defense with linebackers that are big enough to take on Brandon Jacobs and win the majority of those battles. I think Martellius Bennett in particular will have a big game as Romo gets more comfortable throwing him the ball.

Monday Night Football

Colts at Dolphins: Dolphins. Yeah I know this won't be a popular pick but the Dolphins are at home, their running game will be kryptonite to the Colts' defense, Peyton Manning traditionally has had a hard time with 3-4 defenses, and they are missing one of their weapons in Anthony Gonzalas. For those reasons, give me the Dolphins at home for upset of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment