Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Bucs Will Beat The Bills This Sunday

I just kind of had an epiphany. Because the Bucs lost this weekend and gave up quite a few big plays the going conventional wisdom is that they don't have a chance in Buffalo this weekend, especially after the Bills took the Patriots to the brink on Monday. But as they say in boxing, styles make fights and this is one time when I think the matchup favors the Bucs.

First of all I think the Bucs will be able to run the ball at will against the Bills. After going away from the run probably more than they should have against the Cowboys I have a strong suspicion that the Bucs will commit even more to it against the Bills. I also believe after watching Ben Watson burn the Bills for two touchdowns that the Bucs will be favored in that matchup too with Kellen Winslow and Jerramy Stevens threatening the seams. I also don't happen to believe that the Bills pass rush is on the same level as the Cowboys so the offensive line should have an easier time keeping Byron Leftwich clean which they did a pretty good job of this past Sunday.

On defense I think that we will play much better and that we have some guys who can take advantage of the Bills' young and inexperienced offensive line. Not only that but I think they will be much much better against the run than were the Patriots. I don't know that they will be able to contain TO as well as the Patriots did, but I do like Aqib Talib matching up with him for the most part. I also think that because our defense is in tip top condition and we don't have the really big defensive tackles, I don't think the no huddle offense will be a problem at all for them either.

I also expect our special teams to play a lot better, particularly kicker Mike Nugent and return man Clifton Smith. It has to be pointed out that if Nugent doesn't have one kicked blocked and doesn't miss another right before the end of the half then you are talking about a totally different ball game in the second half. If the Bucs execute on special teams this week I expect them to be into the game all the way until the end, pulling it out by a field goal.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment