Friday, October 16, 2009

Gaines Is Gonzo

All I can say is hot damn!

The Gaines Adams experiment has ended in Tampa.

But it's beginning in Chicago.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bucs have sent the fourth overall pick in the 2007 draft to Chicago for a 2010 draft pick. According to the Bears' official web site, it's a second-round selection.


Here is the funny thing, this is one of those rare occasions when both teams will probably come away happy. I personally think that Gaines will thrive in Chicago being coached by my old defensive line coach, Rod Marinelli (he better at least or Rod will crush him). On the other hand I can see the Bucs having some addition by subtraction. Now Greg White can take over as a starter on the right side bringing good pressure even on early downs. Jimmy Wilkerson will also get more opportunites to rush from left end as well. And finally now that Kyle Moore is healthy he can get some looks as a rush guy inside on 3rd downs.

I can't say that this will totally turn around the defense or the team's fortunes. But I can say that it just might jolt the team enough to push them to victory at home this weekend over the Panthers. Hell I really have to reconsider that pick now. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment