Sunday, October 11, 2009

De Smith And The NFLPA Get It Right On Limbaugh

In my opinion Rush Limbaugh has no place in the NFL and I for one am happy to see the NFLPA openly state the same opinion.

NFL Players Executive Director DeMaurice Smith on Saturday made a move to solidify the union against a bid by conservative talk show radio host Rush Limbaugh as part of a group that aims to purchase the St. Louis Rams.

In an e-mail to the union's executive committee on Saturday specifically addressing Limbaugh's bid, Smith said, "I've spoken to the Commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages. But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."


I don't care what previous NFL owners have said or done or even what current owners have said or done, I wasn't in a position to make my voice heard when those people made their bids. But I am now and so is the NFLPA and its imperative we make our voices heard especially on situations like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment